Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy

Thursday, May 7, 2009

So yeah - that was me ...

It has always, and by always I mean the last 6 years after I gave up being a 100% bookworm, goal of mine to run a 5K. Luckily for my inner couch potato I have a laundry list of reasons while this has never been accomplished.

* I'd rather make cookies.
* You can't run after eating too many cookies.
* 2 not so easy pregnancies with physical activity stopping around month 3.
* Recovering from 2 c-sections.
* 8 months alone with two children under 3 and a full time job.
* Texas humidity is too much to get started.
* I was introduced to the Twilight series.
* It is not possible to run while trying to read a 400 page book.

You get the point. But NOW! I feel the time has arrived. I have two helpers to prevent me from eating too many cookies.

I decided to start on the treadmill because they have a great play area for the boys to destroy while I run. Who needs the added stress of 70 lbs in a stroller to get started? That would just be another detractor on my list of why nots. Two other running moms are usually there while I am. They know my situation and are VERY encouraging, until I gave them this:


Okay, so that wasn't really me, but that is just about what happened. Three times. The 20 miler with the 10 foot legs stopped running to make sure I was okay. She gave me the side eye as I approached the treadmill the following day. She also informed me she knew CPR as I stepped on my machine. I laughed it off. But thank goodness someone in that room knows what they are doing!

5 comments:

E.C. said...

Well, that's just what you get for treadmilling while prego with Baby Girl Benton. heehee. Henry can't wait to meet her...

Seriously, though, hope you're okay?

Wonder Woman said...

Vicious rumors getting started! I would love for Henry to meet my Baby Girl Benton. Have a conversation with the Good Lord and convey that wish for me!

I went back for another day, so I must be okay ...

Sara Bading said...

what's up with elizabth outing you on a rumor like that...who does she think she is US Weekly???

mamasteph said...

Oh, most of your reasons sound eerily similar to my own! Way to go on getting the motivation to start up though! Now I need to do the same! Oh and I'm still hoping you get baby girl Benton! I'm sure you could use a little more estrogen in your house! They do have you pretty outnumbered!

Whitney Kuhn said...

You forgot that to say that your newly motivated sister and you are running a 5K in September! HELLO!