Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yikes!

So it turns out this time that my blood pressure is off the CHARTS! Now usually, as with my weight, I'm worried, but that usually subsides with the next cookie. However, no one informed me that this can be dangerous for BABY!! That is a whole new story. I can not hurt someone that is so innocent, so for now - I have to make a change. A big fat one and for the next 5 months. On the plus side, I am hoping it will carry over after baby is here, but I have to say good bye to all my favorites. Adios French fries, delicious chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, and many more that I am failing to mention.

My younger sister does not have this problem, and we are very similar in size, so weight is part of my problem, but it's you GENETICS! that I have to blame for this one. My father says that his grandmother had high blood pressure - so you know McDonald's wasn't the one to blame there. However, McDonald's isn't helping my situation at all. Luckily for me, other people suffer, and I have found a great new book to help me through the next 5 months.

Enter The Dash Diet.

Unlike other 'diets' I've tried in my life, this one is not for weight reduction - especially weight reduction for the family trip to the beach in a few months. I'm hoping that this will be good for me and the entire family for the long run. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers guys because if you are familiar with my love of processed cheese products, you know how difficult this will be for me ... especially when I'm pregnant.

3 comments:

E.C. said...

From the title of this post, I thought FOR SURE you had found out you were having Benton Boy #3. Hang in there, mama...these 5 months will FLY by! Who knows, you may end up preferring the DASH diet when it's all said and done. What's the latest on your possible relocation??

PINK PINK PINK!

Celie said...

HAng tough...you can do it!

mamasteph said...

:( I know that will be hard especially while you are pregnant, BUT there is nothing better than doing something for your children. It makes it just a little easier. You can do it!!! Wish I was closer to help cheer you on!